Looking for an all-natural way to boost your immune system and fight off those seasonal sniffles? Check out this guide to the most powerful herbs, spices and other ingredients. All which can be used to help your body combat viruses, inflammation, and infections.
Spices like onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric ..., green vegetables, meat, fish, citrus fruits are very good for the body to improve resistance.
Many people when infected, the body will heal itself by the good immune system, especially those groups related to infections. In particular, nutrition plays an extremely important role, helping the body to be healthy at the level of each cell.
On the contrary, unbalanced diet and lack of choice will promote metabolic disorders in the body, leading to the occurrence of diseases or invasive pathogens.
In the time of Covid-19, the groups of food - spices good for health, enhanced resistance, including:
- Garlic is rich in sulfur-containing compounds like allicin, which is effective in fighting infections, lowering blood pressure and slowing down the hardening of the arteries. Use raw garlic raw essential oils, avoid overcooking or roasting.
- Ginger helps reduce the inflammatory process, especially when a sore throat or respiratory tract in general. In addition it can also help reduce nausea, warm people avoid colds and stabilize the intestinal tract.
- Turmeric is used as an anti-inflammatory in the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, high curcumin levels in turmeric may help reduce muscle tendon damage from sports.
- Red bell peppers are twice as much vitamin C as citrus, which is also a rich source of beta carotene. Besides boosting the immune system, bell peppers can keep the eyes and skin healthy. Should mix or stir-fry salad style, avoid over cooking.
Figure 1. Immune-Boosting Herbs and Spices from Your Spice Rack
Green vegetables, fish and meat
- Broccoli is high in vitamins A, C and E as well as many other antioxidants and fiber. This is one of the best vegetables for health. Note, only steamed or boiled, avoid stewing or over-cooking.
- Spinach is rich in vitamin C, rich in antioxidants and beta carotene, which help boost the immune system's ability to fight infections. Similar to broccoli, spinach is most beneficial when simple processing such as mixing salads, boiling quickly ...
- Poultry meat should be a priority and can be processed into many dishes. When sick, chicken soup is very suitable and has a placebo effect, helping to improve cold symptoms. About 100 grams of turkey or chicken meat contains 40-50% of vitamin B6. This is an important vitamin in many chemical reactions that occur in the body, contributing to the formation of new red blood cells. Chicken broth or chicken bone stew also contains gelatin, chondroitin and other nutrients useful for healing and boosting intestinal immunity.
- Fresh fish is very nutritious, especially omega 3 is very good for the immune system of the body. Conditionally, the use of salmon, sea fish, lake fish, large and small are very good.
- Shellfish contains a lot of zinc such as crabs, shellfish, shrimp, clams, etc. Zinc helps immune cells work normally. However, remember, zinc is only used in adequate amounts because too much zinc can actually inhibit immune system function.
Fish & meat is rich in nutrients, helps to strengthen the immune system of the body, besides spices, green vegetables.
Fruit and Sweets
- Citrus fruits including grapefruit, citrus, lemon etc. are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. This is the key to strengthening the immune system in general to fight off infection and they are abundant in citrus fruits. Humans cannot produce vitamin C on their own, so they need to consume fruit daily to ensure the immune system is at its best.
- Papaya is rich in vitamin C, which contains a digestive enzyme called papain that has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, papaya is also rich in potassium, vitamin B and folate, which is beneficial for overall health.
- Kiwi has the necessary nutrients, including folate, potassium, vitamin K and vitamin C.
- Yogurt, probiotic yogurt and dark chocolate help balance the intestinal bacteria, stimulating the immune system to fight infections. In addition, yogurt is an excellent source of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps regulate the immune system and is thought to enhance the body's natural defenses against disease.
- Dark chocolate is a powerful antioxidant food, helping to lower "bad" cholesterol levels in the blood. Conclusions from studies show that eating chocolate regularly contains plant sterols and flavanols that lower cholesterol, improve blood pressure and enhance heart health.
- Almonds and other nuts provide a healthy source of fat, ample vitamin E. A half cup serving (containing about 46 whole almonds) provides nearly 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin E for the body.
- Sunflower seeds have nutrients that include phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B6, which are rich in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin E is important for regulating and maintaining immune system function.
Green tea with red wine is recommended. Green tea is rich in epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a very powerful antioxidant. EGCG has been shown to enhance immune function.
Green tea is also a good source of L-theanine amino acid. L-theanine may assist in the production of antimicrobial compounds in T-cells. Treated black tea has lost a lot of EGCG, so it is not as good as green tea.
High quality periodic health examination at reasonable cost
City International Hospital offers a comprehensive health check-up program performed by a certified team of Healthcare Professionals and Consultants across various medical specialties who are here to help you to manage potential health risks by providing affordable and comprehensive health screening packages and personalized consultation for you and your family.
At City International Hospital, there are general health checkup packages designed to suit different requirements of each person such as regular health check-ups for individuals and families, businesses, and regular cancer screenings. meet with men and women, get health checkups to license foreign workers in Vietnam.
The hospital expanded health examination packages with incentives, good services, and cost savings. There are examination packages for people and businesses to choose freely: basic, general, advanced and advanced packages for only 1,650,000 VND.
For appointment or more information on general and specialty screenings, please contact:
- Ms. Võ Thị Mỹ Liên: (8428) 6280 3333, ext. 8424
- Ms. Nguyễn Thị Lệ: (8428) 6280 3333, ext. 8402
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Address: No. 3, 17A Street, Binh Tri Dong B Ward, Binh Tan Dist. (Next to AEON Mall Binh Tan). Ho Chi Minh City.
- Operator: (+8428) 6280 3333, ext. 0
- 24/7 Emergency: (+8428) 6290 1155
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en/
- Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/BenhVienQuocTeCity/
Always consult your doctor regarding any concern about your health. Your doctor will be in the best position to give the appropriate medical advice. For suspected undesirable drug reaction and seek medical attention immediately.