The three most common recurrent pain symptoms a pediatrician has are abdominal pain, chest pain and headache. A severe, sudden headache may suggest a serious problem in the head or central nervous system and may require prompt evaluation. In addition, headaches can also be a symptom of other physical or psychological health problems.
Causes of headaches in children
Common illnesses such as colds, flu, ear and sinus infections are some of the most common causes of headaches in children.
More serious infections, such as meningitis or encephalitis, can also cause headaches, but are often accompanied by other signs and symptoms, such as fever, stiff neck, vomiting and cognitive disorders.
Swelling and bruising can cause headaches. If your child falls heavily and has a head injury or is hit hard in the head, have him / her see a medical center. Also, contact a doctor if your child's headache gets worse after a head injury.
headaches in children should not be ignored.
Children may be stressed and anxious when having problems with friends, teachers, or parents. Stress can play a role in children's headaches.
A depressed child may complain of headaches, especially if they have difficulty recognizing feelings of sadness and loneliness.
Hereditary predisposition. Headache, especially migraines, tends to be inherited in families.
Some foods and drinks:
Nitrate is a food preservative found in processed meats like bacon and sausages that can cause headaches. Also, too much caffeine, a substance found in soda, chocolate, coffee and tea, can cause headaches.
Problems in the brain:
Rarely, a brain tumor or abscess or bleeding in the brain can squeeze into areas of the brain, causing chronic, worse headaches. Usually in these cases, headaches are often accompanied by other symptoms such as vision problems, dizziness and lack of coordination, even seizures.
Have your child see a pediatrician for a thorough physical exam and medical history. If the doctor suspects a serious condition, he may order a CT scan, a magnetic resonance imaging scan, spinal aspiration or other tests to check for
Some children have a recurrent headache called migraine, which can start in early childhood. Unlike tension headaches, headaches are often accompanied by other symptoms such as:
- Children may have a hunch that a headache will occur.
- Typically, headaches occur along with nausea, vomiting or visual disturbances.
- Headaches are usually a tingling sensation or as if they were pierced and can affect one or both sides of the head.
- There may also be other unpleasant sensations in the head, including burning, tingling, soreness, or soreness.
- The child may prefer a darker room.
- Migraines tend to spread in families.
- Migraine is a pathological headache caused by vasomotor disorders. Migraine usually lasts a few hours or even overnight.
How to treat your child's headaches?
- Headache responds best to early treatment.
- When your child has a headache, check your baby's temperature.
- If your child has a stress headache, encourage them to lie down and relax, with a slightly elevated head. Reduce learning stress for children.
- Warm or cold towels can be applied to the forehead and neck.
- For children with migraines, it is essential to minimize the sensory stimulation such as: Turn off the lights in the room, close curtains, ask family members to not make noise.
- REFRIGERATION may be helpful, but do not apply heat because it can make the pain worse.
- Encourage your child to get enough sleep, exercise and have a healthy diet, alternating between snacks.
- Take pain medication prescribed by your doctor.
Schedule your appointment today and Save 20% of Doctor Consultation
Applied. 15 April 2020 to 30 June 2020.
Book an Appointment and Save 20% of Doctor Consultation
All patients with outpatient medical appointments booked in advance will receive a "20% SAVING OF DOCTOR CONSULTATION FEE". Please choose one to book an appointment:
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en
- Phone: (028) 6280 3333 - Ext. 0
Benefits when having a doctor appointment in advance
- Save 20% of the original cost of a routine medical consultation
- Avoid forming crowds, ensure safety during the epic season at the request of the Ministry of Health.
- Making an appointment saves you time.
- Get advice before doctors information, clinics, examination time and other issues ...
- The 20% saving is only applicable for outpatient and immunization consultation services. Not applicable inpatient services and laboratory fees, para-clinical services ....
- Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions, discounts or vouchers.
- Program for customers to make an appointment in advance. In case of visiting but not booking, this promotion will not be applied.
During the epic time, you can still have screenings, protect your health and peace of mind treatment by City International Hospital in strict compliance with Covid-19 disease prevention regulations of the Ministry of Health. Accordingly, the medical declaration is carried out fully and thoroughly. In addition, the hospital is equipped with fast antiseptic solution, masks and other preventive measures to help screen patients and visitors well. So, you are completely assured when you come for examination and treatment.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Friday: Morning 7:30 – 12:00. Afternoon 13:00 – 16:30.
- Saturday: Morning 7:30 – 12:00.
- Address: No. 3, 17A Street, Binh Tri Dong B Ward, Binh Tan Dist. (Next to AEON Mall Binh Tan). Ho Chi Minh City.
- Operator: (+8428) 6280 3333, ext. 0
- 24/7 Emergency: (+8428) 6290 1155
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en/
- Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/BenhVienQuocTeCity/