Deputy Chairman of Medical Advisory Board, Head of Surgery Dept
- Specialty area(s) General Surgery; Gastro-intestinal (GI) surgeries and Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic (HPB) surgeries
- Academic rank(s) M.D, Ph.D, Associate Professor
Successfully graduated from the Department of Surgery in 1979, Assoc.Prof. Dr. Nguyen Tan Cuong has been devoting in his career for nearly 40 years to improve and protect human health. Having achieved many medical certifications from the States and Korea together with years of working at HCMC University of Medicine and Pharmacy and Cho Ray Hospital, Dr. Nguyen Tan Cuong has professionally gained experiences and expertise in diagnosing and treating surgical diseases. General surgery, especially Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary & Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery.
In particular, he successfully performed the first Percutaneous endoscopic treatment of cholelithiasis in Vietnam,excellently playing a pioneering role in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy such as Colorectal diseases, Liver Tumors and Cysts, Liver Stones, Liver Abscess, cholelithiasis, gallstones in bile duct, pancreas removal, Splenic Tumors and Cyst, laparoscopic surgery in chest and abdominal trauma, Nerve Chest Pain to control sweat glands.
Especially October 2012, Dr. Nguyen Tan Cuong in the event of Cho Ray Hospital in collaboration with healthcare professionals in ASAN Hospital - Korea successfully performed the first adult liver transplant, Southern Vietnam and got awarded Vietnam Golden Star for this project..
Dr. Cuong also publishes many medical specialties for students and writes articles for medical journals inside and outside the country such as Endoscopic Surgery, Journal of the Japanese Society of Endoscopic Surgery, Chiropractic Medicine, Medicine Journal of Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City Medicine and Pharmacy Material, Endoscopic Surgery Magazine ...
- 1980 - 2006: Lecturer in Pediatrics, University of Medicine, Ho Chi Minh City
- 2006 - 2007: Vice President of Foreign Affairs - University of Medicine
- 2008 - 2014: President of Foreign Affairs - University of Medicine
- 1980 - 2002: General Surgeon, Cho Ray Hospital
- 2003 - 2004: Deputy Head of General Surgery - Cho Ray Hospital
- 2005 - 2013: Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic (HPB) Surgery - Cho Ray Hospital
- 2014 - 2019: Medical Director, City International Hospital
- 2020 - present: Deputy Chairman of Medical Advisory Board, City International Hospital
- 1979: M.D., Medicine and Surgery, University of Medicine, Ho Chi Minh City
- 1987: Specialist grade I, University of Medicine
- 1997: Ph.D. Medicine and Surgery, University of Medicine
- 2003: Clinical Associate Professor
- 1991: Endoscopy Certification - St. Petersburg Hospital. Vincent, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- 1998: Certification of Endoscopic Retrograde Pancreas (ERCP) and Colorectal Surgery - University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- 2010: Certification of Transplantation - Asan Hospital, Busan University, Seoul, Korea
|MON||7:30 - 11:30||13:00 - 16:30|
|TUE||7:30 - 11:30||13:00 - 16:30|
|WED||7:30 - 11:30||13:00 - 16:30|
|THU||7:30 - 11:30||13:00 - 16:30|
|FRI||7:30 - 11:30||13:00 - 16:30|
|SAT||7:30 - 11:30||OFF|