On 19th January 2021, Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health conducted the Service Quality Inspection and Assessment at City International Hospital and addressed positive comments on the Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU). By the way, we also would like to introduce some clinical Characteristics of the ICU- a special place in the Hospital that saves more lives or years of life, bring people back to life after a close brush with death or hang by a single hair.
1. General introduction
In a hospital, the ICU is a comprehensive care practice where there is the mandatory presence of cutting-edge medical technology and support for the preservation of life of a patient in a critical condition or risk. However, Approximately 30% of patients in ICUs are affected by at least one episode of health care-associated infection and so are their critical and serious life-threatening conditions, reasons for prolonged hospital stay for another 7 to 14 days and significant increases in hospital fees.
That is why essential measures of infection control need to be adopted in the ICU to prevent the spread of nosocomial infection. Previous research has shown that fast reshaping and improving of intensive care unit facilities by switching into separate and self-contained area has minimized the spread of viruses, bacteria and microbes.
Located on Level 3 of the Hospital building, the ICU complies with international standards: separate, sterile, safe, and comfortable for patients, is like a 5-star hotel to help patients achieve quick recovery.
was created, improving the general ward capacity to a total number of 279 beds dedicated to patients The intensive care unit (ICU) has a large scale capacity to a total number of 20 beds in a separate hospital system, each room has only one recovery bed (separate space) and is designed according to the principles of medical design principles of the American Institute of Architecture. and the world. The Faculty has a system of isolating negative pressure, strictly adheres to infection control policies, and minimizes hospital-acquired infections.
The team of highly qualified doctors with many years of experience from major hospitals in the city, is always dedicated and friendly.
2. Functions and duties
ICU Department provides comprehensive care services for patients with a team of professional nurses and nurses. System of feeding through sonde compared with drop count bags according to nutritional safety standards…. Patient's relatives will not need to stay in the hospital to take care of the patient, feel completely secure to send the patient to the hospital's medical team with high-standard care throughout the treatment. at the department.
Daily respiratory and physical therapy exercises help patients recover well after a period of treatment in the intensive care unit. The prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers are particular focus criteria for patients with paralysis or long-term mechanical ventilation at ICU.
The treating doctor can meet with the patient's relative every day to carefully explain the progress and prognosis and answer any questions for the relative.
Patients undergoing treatment will be fully entitled to health insurance regimes: State insurance, private insurance and foreign insurance. Patients are always consulted with care and maximum support from a team of insurance specialists, customer care to optimize the insurance benefits for patients.
The Department of Active Rehabilitation City International Hospital always cooperates well with hospitals throughout the city, providing in-depth consultation when needed for difficult diseases to ensure patients fully enjoy the results of medicine. modern. Full medical records are always provided for those patients who require referrals or continue treatment abroad.
With a high sense of responsibility, professionalism and dedication of the medical staff and modern technical facilities at ICU Faculty, each family is completely assured of giving trust in care and treatment. sick relatives.
3. Keynote activities of the ICU
- Applying modern techniques, updating new treatment regimens, implementing specialized techniques of first aid and anti-poisoning, saving lives of critical patients.
- The techniques at the department: mechanical ventilation, monitoring by continuous monitor, continuous dialysis, plasma exchange, pleural puncture, peritoneum, temporary pacemaker, ...
- The Department of Active Rehabilitation City International Hospital has received treatment for serious patients such as:
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), severe pneumonia.
- Exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), malignant bronchial asthma.
- Complicated infectious shock multi-organ failure.
- Coma with ketoacidosis, coma with increased osmotic pressure, cerebral infarction, cerebral hemorrhage, ...
- Other serious illness ...
24-hour care from the ICU staff Department of City International Hospital
Modern, clean and sterile areas of the ICU at City International Hospital
Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health addressed good compliments the facilities as well as the medical team and active care services of the ICU Faculty during the quality inspection of City International Hospital on January 19, 2021.
- Location: Level 3, City International Hospital
- Consultation Helpline: (028) 6280 3333 (ext. 8285 or 8286)
- Address: No. 3, 17A Street, Binh Tri Dong B Ward, Binh Tan Dist. (Next to AEON Mall Binh Tan). Ho Chi Minh City.
- Operator: (+8428) 6280 3333, ext. 0
- 24/7 Emergency: (+8428) 6290 1155
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en/
- Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/BenhVienQuocTeCity/
Always consult your doctor regarding any concern about your health. Your doctor will be in the best position to give the appropriate medical advice. For suspected undesirable drug reaction and seek medical attention immediately.