According to specialist level 2, Dr. Ha Thi Kim Hong, screening for general health, especially diabetes, hypertension is extremely important because they have the risk of causing cardiovascular diseases.
Hypertension and diabetes are both risk factors for vascular disease. Risk factors for vascular disease that are often intertwined are: Hypertension, age, stress, being overweight or obese, diet high in fat, high in salt, sugar, inactivity, concentration Increased blood cholesterol, smoking ... The more factors, the higher the risk level.
Hypertension is a factor that increases the severity of diabetes, whereas diabetes also causes hypertension, which may occur before or detected simultaneously with diabetes, to become difficult to treat. than. Although people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, when hypertension both make the prognosis significantly worse; making the rate of coronary heart disease and stroke increased by 2 to 3 times higher than people without diabetes. The disease increases the risk of vascular disease: coronary artery disease, stroke, limb embolism, retinopathy, kidney disease, neuropathy. Reducing blood pressure will help reduce the above risk is considered an important goal in patients with diabetes with hypertension.
According to the current opinion of the World Health Organization, blood pressure lower than 120 / 80mmHg is considered to be the optimal blood pressure with no health risks.
Symptoms of hypertension
The majority of patients have no clinical symptoms.
Some have symptoms of headache, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, redness in the face, cloudiness in the eyes, temporary numbness in the eyes, fly in the eyes, nocturia, abdominal or chest pain, and shortness of breath.
Because the symptoms are often not so obvious, people with diabetes should have their blood pressure checked periodically at the time of examination so that they can be detected and treated promptly. Most patients find and treat late. To prevent hypertension from being detected and treated in time, the World Health Organization recently encouraged home blood pressure measurement, to help patients with information about daily blood pressure levels, response to antihypertensive drugs and more concern for treatment issues.
When blood pressure is not well controlled, it will cause damage to a wide range of organs. Heart disease, angina or myocardial infarction, heart failure. Stroke or transient ischemic attack. Chronic kidney disease. Peripheral artery disease. Injury to the eye.
Proper treatment of blood pressure is the most important factor to slow the progression of diabetic neuropathy, accounting for about 40% of patients with diabetes.
Take charge of your health and schedule an appointment with City International Hospital today. We offer a wide variety of services for exceptional treatment and care for you and your family. Contact us today at 0939 721 668 to schedule an appointment.
- AVAIL. 50% DISCOUNT ON GENERAL HEALTH SCREENING PACKAGES PROGRAM. Please call 0939 721 668 for service consultation.
- Promotion Duration: Applicable from 13 August 2020 to 31 October 2020.
- Applicable subjects: All patients. Public health insurance can be applied.
- Please call to register: 0939 721 668
Things to do to treat high blood pressure well
To treat hypertension well, you need to do the following 3 things:
- Bring the blood pressure to the prescribed level.
- Lifestyle changes and medications.
- Treatment of other comorbidities.
The treatment to lower blood pressure is 140 / 90mmHg, that is, you have helped your body to avoid the dangerous complications of hypertension such as: 40% reduction in the possibility of a brain vascular rupture, 50% the chance of failure. chronic heart disease, a 30% reduction in the risk of recurrent stroke, and many other complications.
Comorbidities increase the risk of hypertension
- Had a major stroke, mild or severe.
- Heart disease due to myocardial ischaemia below the levels: chest pain, myocardial infarction.
- Has heart failure, kidney failure ...
- Types of peripheral vascular disease.
When all of the factors that exacerbated hypertension were identified. We must have an active attitude to the treatment of these factors.
Lifestyle changes to lower blood pressure
- If you are obese, you should follow a weight loss diet: low in sugar, low in fat, high in protein and fiber in fruits and vegetables, fruits.
- Eat flat, not more than 1 teaspoon of salt per day. This includes the amount of salt seasoned in foods and sauces.
- Eat protein from fish and plants rather than pork, beef, chicken ...
- Do not eat too sweet even without diabetes ...
- Limit animal fat and coconut oil. It is best to use olive oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, soybean oil.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits to provide more minerals, vitamins and fiber.
- Stop or limit drinking alcohol.
- Quit smoking altogether.
- Maintain a moderate and stable lifestyle. Avoid stress, emotion, anxiety.
- Exercise regularly: exercise at least 45 minutes a day, 3 times a week but do not exercise.
Medical examination for hypertension, diabetes
According to Dr. Do Duc Tin, Department of General Health, City International Hospital, the disease is unpredictable. The best is still prevention rather than cure. All ages from young to old need regular checkups. For young people, focus on screening for infections such as hepatitis B .... Older people screen for liver, blood fat, blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular, cancer ...
General health checkup is extremely necessary, especially at the end of the year.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Address: No. 3, 17A Street, Binh Tri Dong B Ward, Binh Tan Dist. (Next to AEON Mall Binh Tan). Ho Chi Minh City.
- Operator: (+8428) 6280 3333, ext. 0
- 24/7 Emergency: (+8428) 6290 1155
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en/
- Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/BenhVienQuocTeCity/
Always consult your doctor regarding any concern about your health. Your doctor will be in the best position to give the appropriate medical advice. For suspected undesirable drug reaction and seek medical attention immediately.