Head of Ophthalmology Department
- Qualification(s) Medical Doctor, Second-grade Specialist (Ophthalmology)
- Specialty area(s) Ophthalmology
Meet our renowned Ophthalmologist Dr. Trinh bach Tuyet, Head of the Department – Ophthalmology, who brings to CIH her vast clinical and investigative experience, expert surgical skills and a personalized approach. In this role, she builds and organizes the quality assurance and medical protocols for the department.
With an impeccable distinction academic record and an illustrious surgical career spanning more than 30 years, Dr. Trinh Bach Tuyet is equally adept in various treatments and procedures which includes, Corneal procedures, Medical retinal including retinal lasers, Retinal surgeries, Scleral Bucking, Occuplasty Surgeries, Refractive Surgery, Glaucoma Surgeries, Squint Surgeries, Trauma Surgeries, Laser Procedures, other minor Procedures.
Her areas of special areas include:
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Anterior (Front & back) Segment surgery
- Pterygium surgical excision: Amniotic Membrane Transplantation for Primary Pterygium Surgery , Ologen implantation, Tube Shunts and Ahmed Valves implantation
- Comprehensive Glaucoma for Solutions of diagnosis and treatment: Ahmed Glaucoma valve Implantation, Trabuculectomy with Mitomycin – C, Trabuculectomy with Ologen Implant, Cyclo Cryo Pexy
- Treatments of cloudy lens: phacoemulsification surgery
- Intravitreal injection
- 1989 -1990: Cornea Specialist, Eye and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Services, The Eye Hospital of Ho Chi Minh City.
- 1991-1995: Deputy Head, Department of Eye Trauma-Injuries and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Services, The Eye Hospital of Ho Chi Minh City.
- 1996-2000: Head Department of Eye and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service, The Eye Hospital of Ho Chi Minh City.
- 2000- 2015: a Glaucoma - Eye and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service, The Eye Hospital of Ho Chi Minh City.
- 2016 -> Present: Head Department of Ophthalmology, City International Hospital
Education and Training
- 1985: Doctor of Medicine
- Specialist Level 1 (equivalent to Master in Ophthalmology)
- Ophthalmic Training Program on treating exophthalmos (bulging eyes) in Thailand.
- 1994: Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery training course, full-time postgraduate scholarship sponsored by ISEE (Indochina Surgical Educational Exchange), Massachusetts General Hospital- Boston, USA.
- 1995: Ophthalmology Residency at McGill Teaching Hospitals, Canada.
- Ophthalmology Residency for phacoemulsification surgery at Vasavada Ophthalmology Institute, Ahmedabad- India.
- Reporter at AAO (American Academy of Ophthamology) USA
- 2000: Surgical Skills Training Courses in phacoemulsification cataract and IOL surgery in California, USA.
- 2001-2003: Postdoctoral level 2 in Ophthalmology with high honor.
- 2004: Glaucoma: tubes/ valve training course - Malaysia
- Since 2000: attending Global Ophthalmology Conferences: South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, France, and Poland…
- 1991: Reporter at the national medical conference topic on” Drooping Eyelid (Ptosis)”
- 1999: Reporter at AAO (American Academy of Ophthamology) USA topic on “Trabuculectomy with Ologen Implant”
- 2001-2003: Reporter at the national medical conference topic on: “Conjunctival tissue graft from the pterygium itself without rotation in pterygium surgery.”
- 2009: Evaluation of changes in retinal fiber layer thickness in Glaucoma patients after filtration surgery by using optical coherence tomography
- 2013: Scientific report at Thailand AOS conference: Trabuculectomy with Ologen Implant.
- 2014: Report on Dry Eye Treatments and Glaucoma Drugs in Hong Kong.
- 2015: Scientific report at AOS: update conference t : Trabuculectomy with Ologen Implant.
- 2016: Instructor in Ophthalmology and Lecturer,
- Efficacy and safety Comparison of selective laser trabeculoplasty and Tafluprost 0.0015% for the Reduction of Interocular Pressure in Open Angle Glaucoma
- Efficacy and safety comparison of insertion surgery using the ex-press glaucoma filtration device and surgical treatment of open angle glaucoma
|MON||7:30 - 11:30||OFF|
|WED||7:30 - 11:30||OFF|
|FRI||7:30 - 11:30||OFF|